If you're not taking fire...
The God-Emperor definitely made a mistake by bowing before the pressure to recant his previous statements criticising his own intelligence services. The fact is that the US intelligence community has been, on balance, nothing short of a plague upon the American people for the last thirty years.
This is the same Deep State intel community that has led America into disaster after catastrophe with almost monotonous regularity. Under the "guidance" and "wisdom" of the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, the DNI, and the plethora of other alphabet-soup agencies that all report into the National Security Council and the National Security Adviser, and finally up to the President, we have seen:
- American involvement in the fratricidal Balkans conflict and especially 1998 Kosovo war, in which US forces bombed Christian Serbs in support of Muslim Albanians, and which was a major catalyst for the severely damaged state of Russo-American relations today;
- The massive failures of intelligence that led to over three thousand American deaths on 9/11;
- The disastrous "Sicilian Expedition" that was the second invasion of Iraq, and the continuing occupation of the same;
- The, in some ways even more disastrous, Afghanistan campaign, which shows absolutely no sign of ending anytime soon;
- The overthrow of Colonel Muammar Ghadaffi in Libya, which led to one cock-up after another, culminating in the unmitigated disaster that was the attack on the mission compound at Benghazi in 2012;
- The supplying of American-backed and financed arms to Al Qaeda-affiliated Islamists in Syria in order to overthrow the secular regime of Bashar al-Assad;
- The CIA-backed overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, in February 2014, and his replacement by rabidly anti-Russian nationalists, which precipitated the secession of the Donbass region in Crimea and subsequent Russian annexation of the same;
- The continued involvement of American intelligence assets in the ongoing civil war in Yemen - a situation that can only accurately be described as a "catastrof**k";