The Feast of the Emperor's Ascension


The long-awaited day has dawned, brothers. Today, Donald J. Trump became the 45th President of the United States of America.

There was a time when I thought that I would never, ever hear those words. The very idea that this fleshy, coarse, bouffant-haired, orange-faced, vulgar clown could possibly become the most powerful man in the world was considered so ridiculous as to be unworthy of serious attention by all of those who supposedly knew better.

And yet... from about December 2015 onwards, I could see that there was something fundamentally different about Donald Trump. He spoke and acted like nobody else that I have ever seen in ten years of observing, commenting on, and all too often being extremely annoyed by, American politics.

Here, at long last, for the first time since the halcyon days of Ronald Reagan himself, was a man willing to speak the truth, no matter how much it cost him personally, no matter how hard it was to hear.

And people like us loved him for it.

His election to the highest office in the land holds a special resonance for me, personally. You see, I am one of the very foreigners that should be utterly horrified by his ascendancy today. I should, by rights, be joining the rabbits of the Left in their frantic, spastic, unhinged, and increasingly incoherent protests against his Administration- before it ever even began.

I should be calling him all sorts of awful names. I should be arguing that he is a complete lunatic and a bully and a misogynist- as many of my foreign-born friends have done.

So why am I so delighted by his election? Why do I wish him well and give him my full-throated support?

I do so partly because his election has done to the Left what I have only been able to dream of seeing in my lifetime: it has ripped the mask of civility from their faces and forced them to drop, now and forever, the guise of humanity that they were able to fool us with for so very long.

I have long known and understood that the so-called "compassion" and "tolerance" of liberals is a myth. I have seen in my own family how the folly and mental constipation of liberalism manifests itself in an inability to understand cause and effect, action and consequence, logic and reason. I have seen firsthand the sheer violent rage that liberals are capable of unleashing when triggered, and I have long since lost my once-naive illusions about the nature of the liberal mind.

There is nothing liberal about it. Even the most well-meaning liberals favour agendas that defy logic, reason, the vast accumulated weight of human experience and wisdom, and simple basic common sense. It does not matter where you look within the liberal mind- all you will find is an incoherent worldview based on the flimsy foundation of "progress", which falls apart the moment that its core assumptions are ever actually tested.

Donald Trump- President Trump- showed the world the true face of his enemies, and for that, I am most grateful.

But, as I said, that is only part of the reason why I support him.

The rest of my support for him derives from my love of the country that he now leads.

My friends, I do not pretend to be American- not even slightly. I am not American in any recognisable form- even though I consider the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America to be holy writ. I am not "one of the boys", I am not an "average American" or one of the "forgotten men" that populists like to talk about.

I am, by most measures, an elitist. I stand apart from most ordinary Americans in terms of intellect, interests, upbringing, skills, education, hobbies, and an hundred other traits.

But- and this is the important bit- unlike most foreigners in this country who have similar backgrounds and experiences to mine, I do not have an unstated loathing or contempt for the American people.

The American people, in their goodness and decency, made it possible for me to come here, live quietly, make money, enjoy a comfortable lifestyle, and go about my business in peace. All they have ever asked in exchange is that I respect their laws and their way of life.

I have never taken that generosity of spirit and action for granted. I have never believed, as so many of the globalist elites and my fellow foreigners do, that Americans are a backward and provincial people who need to be led by a technocratic elite for their own good.

I have long since recognised that this same elite is so lacking in civic virtue as to be utterly unsuited to the weighty task of governing others. And because I recognise it in them, I also recognised Donald Trump very quickly for a man who was from that same elite, yet openly rejected most of their creed.

I love this country as I love no other on Earth. I love what it stands for, what it believes in. I love it because, if you look hard enough, you can find the spirit of America out there, waiting for you, showing you what life as a free man could be like.

Despite its current ragged state, despite the toxic sewer that is American popular culture, despite the extraordinary malevolence of its government and its frankly insane laws, I love America because it is still the last, best hope of Man on Earth.

Other nations are more respectful of personal freedoms- but that is only because their governments are voluntarily restrained, not because their people reserve certain rights from their governments. Other nations are better and easier to do business in- but, again, that is because their governments choose to be that way, not because their people love freedom for what it is. Other nations have stronger and more patriarchal cultures- but those nations also have some serious structural issues of their own that make it very hard for Westerners to live there.

America is unique in the world because it is one of the very few nations anywhere in which the people told the government who was boss, and not the other way around- and then, more importantly, actually carried through on that premise.

The execution of that premise has been deeply flawed, to be sure. America is not the nation today that it was even ten years ago when I first arrived here to study. But in my mind, there is no place I would rather be, as long as Americans will have me.

Donald Trump recognises America's past and possible future greatness. And that is why I am truly pleased that he is now President.

I recognised that he loves America, just like I do and just like so many Americans do. I recognised that, for all of his flaws- and he has many- he was the only candidate from either party who actually seemed to give even the minutest quantum of a damn about the actual people.

That is why I am delighted that Donald Trump is now President. It is because I wish this country the very best, as a proud friend and ally of its people who would see its greatness restored and who believes in its founding principles.

Donald Trump's ascension today is a victory for the free people of America, regardless of party allegiance. You may not like him, you may not approve of him- but he won, about as fairly and squarely as is possible in the current day and age, and he has shown repeatedly over the last few months that he is not to be underestimated.

His victory is a victory for men everywhere who are tired of being spat upon, sick of seeing our masculinity being torn down and derided, fed up of watching our most cherished principles and ideals being buried under the landfill of modern culture, and enraged at seeing the country that we love being treated like an abused crack-whore.

We now have the opportunity, under President Trump's Administration, to restore masculinity to its rightful place as the force that builds, protects, and restores Western civilisation. We have the chance to build a future that our descendants can be proud of.

Now, to be clear, we probably will not get all that far in the next four years. The sheer amount of work to be done is so vast that our fight will take generations to win.

There is also no guarantee that President Trump will carry out all of his promises. One of the most trenchant, and in my opinion valid, criticisms of him has always been that he seems to talk out of both sides of his mouth. He now has the chance to shut all of those detractors up, but even his most ardent fans- and I am not, by the way, one of them- have to admit that his inconsistency throughout the last few months and even years is alarming.

If he does not do his job right, then we are right back where we started- only with even more work to do thanks to the body-blow that our credibility and momentum will have taken at that point.

Yet I remain optimistic. President Trump does not strike me as the kind of man to back down from a fight. It is him against the world- because it just wouldn't be fair if the odds were any more in his favour.

And if his inauguration speech is anything to go by, we've got plenty of good times to look forward to over the next few years, as common sense, patriotism, human decency, and hard work once again become cornerstones of the American way of life:



Hail the reign of the God-Emperor!

Comments

  1. Amen, brother

    It was a great speech.

    P.s love the image you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Popular Posts