"Suckerpunch"

Symphonic-metal fans, like LastRedoubt, will probably appreciate this:


That's a single off their new album, Moonbathers, which despite the rather naff title is in fact not bad at all. I'm not yet convinced that it's better than their previous offering, The Human Contradiction, but it is growing on me as I listen to it.

They're touring the US next spring, I think- co-headlining with HAMMERFALL, actually. I find that combination to be quite hilarious.

On the one hand, you've got this band, who were once considered a sort of cut-rate WITHIN TEMPTATION clone but have since grown to be a distinct and respected band in their own right.

On the other hand, you have one of the cheesiest power metal bands of all time, who were once known for great hits like this:


And this:


And of course this:


... but are now sort of also-rans who keep cranking out basically the same album every few years.

Not, of course, that this will stop me from going to see them.

Comments

  1. Hammerfall has grown on me. In some ways like mold, but....

    I'll have to listen to the later Delain albums - liked April rain from the first, and the singer's got a good voice, and is reasonably easy on the eyes, but it was "meh" when we had Nightwish, WT, and hell, even the first Evanescence album.... (John Ringo's commentary on one of the EV videos - "just jump already" - was frakkin hilarious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally, the stage setup and camera style of the Delain vid reminds me of this Nightwish one: https://youtu.be/hTdhXxxWREo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Popular Posts