Grand Magus

If you are a fan of good old-fashioned hard rock and heavy metal with an epic feel to it- I'm talking the likes of IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, SAXON, DIO, and MANOWAR- then I have just the band for you:




GRAND MAGUS first came to my attention via probably my single favourite progressive metal musical experiment, AYREON. The vocalist and guitarist for GRAND MAGUS was a guest vocalist on AYREON's last album, The Theory of Everything. That album is quite simply one of the greatest albums ever recorded- and it is as good as it is in no small part because of JB's performance as "The Teacher".

But I'd never actually bothered to listen to JB's main band, because hey, I'm lazy. Imagine my surprise, then, when I stumbled across the GRAND MAGUS track, "Varangian", and realised suddenly that the guy with the awesome voice was very familiar indeed.

Since, as I have said, my taste in music is unimpeachable- I managed to convert at least one reader that I know of into a big fan of SABATON, after all, and I'm sure someone out there has gotten into POWERWOLF because of me- I'd strongly advise checking these guys out. They're worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts