The Didact's actual, long-form (and slightly more coherent) review of HALO 5: Guardians
The Good (Is REALLY GREAT)
- Deep immersion into the characters that you control as the player;
- Intense, thrilling, challenging first-person shooter combat that allows you to experience something new every time you play;
- Vehicle-based combat, both on the ground and in the air;
- New and unique weapons that allow you to change your tactics and style of play depending on the enemies you're facing;
- A magnificent, epic musical soundtrack that you can enjoy on its own outside the game
1. Spirit of Spartans
2. To Crush Your Enemies...
3. Guns, Guns, Guns!
4. Will You Just LOOK At That...!
5. All Hail Eddie Buck!
6. The monks are back!!!
1. Different Helmet, Same Person
2. That Warden is REALLY annoying
3. Some Pre-reading Required...
4. So... What's Happening Again?
The Very, Very Ugly
1. Bonnie Ross and Her Long Pointy Nose
2. Not ANOTHER Cliffhanger!
3. Where the HELL is the Chief?! And the Halos?!?
The Didact's Verdict
Put another way, if HALO 3 rates at 100%, HALO 5: Guardians absolutely should have rated in at 115%. But it didn't. It missed that mark by over 20 percentage points- and, again, I'm almost surely being very generous.