Yep, it's going to be amazing

HALO 5: Guardians, that is- at least, judging by the opening cinematic:


If there is one quibble that I have about that, frankly, jaw-dropping opening sequence, it is that the abilities of the new SPARTAN-IVs seem to be completely unrealistic.

I mean, I've played every HALO game so many times I've lost count. And I don't ever remember getting the feeling of playing an invincible Superman-like character who could just take on entire Covenant and Promethean armies all by my lonesome without ever even getting my armour scratched.

In fact, I remember playing on Legendary in HALO: Reach and thinking to myself, "this BLOWS".

Yet, in the opening sequence here, a fireteam of 4 SPARTAN-IVs takes on basically an entire company of Covenant soldiers and Promethean- plus air support- and turns them into hamburger. Or whatever it is that the Sangheili eat.

Still and all, I cannot wait to play this new game. It has been 3 long years since HALO 4, and it is quite apparent that 343 Industries has learned some valuable lessons from that game. This new game promises a very great deal; we will soon see whether it will deliver.

Comments

Popular Posts