Domain Query: What Voltotter said...
|Good day, sir! I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!|
- "The Puppies lost in almost EVERY category in which they had works nominated, to NO AWARD, yet you claim victory. Are you really that stupid?"
- "You seriously think that John C. Wright's work is award-worthy?!"
- "So when democracy actually worked as it was intended to work, and the majority got its way, you're bitching about that fact? How big an idiot are you?"
Sins of Omission
"The Hugo and Nebula Awards were, essentially, reduced to a farce."
Wait, what? How did the Nebulas get in here? The Nebulas are a completely separate award, handled by a completely separate organization. That's a basic thing. Did you think they were the same award.
"And the Hugo Awards committee crapped all over that idea in 2015." Are you thinking the Hugo Awards are decided by committee? Because it's a popular-vote award by all attending and supporting members of Worldcon. If you were under the impression that it was decided by committee, then you may may want to use strikethrough and revise and edit this.
The point was to get good works that fans of the genre actually like up for awards, to recognise their worth and to give recognition and credit where it's due. And the Hugo Awards committee crapped all over that idea in 2015.
What Part of "We Don't Care" Don't You Understand?
Core Rabid Puppies: 550-525
Core Sad Puppies: 500-400
Neutrals: 1400 (voted some Puppies, but not all)
Primarily No Awarders But Considered a Puppy Pick: 1000
Absolute No Awarders: 2500
By the Pricking of My Thumbs...
- “Flow”, Arlan Andrews, Sr. (Analog, 11-2014)
- "Big Boys Don’t Cry", Tom Kratman (Castalia House)
- "One Bright Star to Guide Them", John C. Wright (Castalia House)
- “The Plural of Helen of Troy”, John C. Wright (City Beyond Time: Tales of the Fall of Metachronopolis, Castalia House)
- “Pale Realms of Shade”, John C. Wright (The Book of Feasts & Seasons, Castalia House)
Punching Wolves in the Nose
If you vote for No Award in any other position it means that you believe the nominees you placed above No Award were worthy of a Hugo, but that those not placed above it were not worthy.