Father and son

Father-Son Bonding
Actually, my dad could probably kick my ass easily if he tried
Every young man gets to a certain point in his life when he starts to think about settling down, having a family of his own, and becoming a good father. Not all of us can or should follow through on this. Many of us make the mistake of marrying the wrong woman- the MGTOW crowd would argue that there is no such thing as the right woman, and they tend to have a point, especially these days. Some of us have children, but then have them torn away from us in the game of divorce-rape that is the modern Western court system. A few of us have children but are unable or unwilling to deal with the attendant responsibilities of fatherhood, and abandon their children.

Yet, the fact remains that the urge to have children, to pass on our genes and thereby ensure the continuation of our genetic lines, is the strongest force of biology that drives us. And because of this, any man who fails to reproduce and have children is, biologically speaking, a failure.

Do not mistake my words. I do not argue that being childless automatically diminishes a man's other achievements- that would be absurd. Consider the examples of Sir Isaac Newton and Nikolai Tesla. Both transformed physics and mathematics and are remembered with the greatest reverence and respect by a world that rightly views them as intellectual giants. Both died virgins.

All I am saying is that no man, no matter how jaded or angry at humanity, can deny the primal urge to pass on his genetic code. In a very real sense, that urge defines us as men.

Having established this, the important question that every man must answer then becomes: what kind of father do I want to be?

Leading By Example


The importance of a strong and wise father in a young man's development cannot be overstated. Our fathers are the men that we admire the most as young children; they are the yardsticks against which we measure ourselves as young men; and they are the examples that we strive to emulate as fully grown adults.

In my own case, my father was a rather unusual character by most "conventional" measures. He was not, and has never been, the kind of father to toss a ball around in the yard with his kids- partly because, when I was growing up, he was traveling something like 3 weeks out of every month. There was never any question, though, that besides his work, the only thing in life that he cared about was his family. Being strongly introverted himself, he recognised early on that I, as a highly introverted youngster, needed space and quiet in which to develop, and provided precisely that kind of environment.

And, being a man of the highest integrity and unbending moral principle, he gave me the example that I needed to chart my own course in life when I finally left home.

Today I am fortunate and blessed indeed to have a father with whom I share a very strong bond, and who has taken immense pride in watching his son grow up to live an independent life on his own terms.

Yet no mortal father is perfect, and looking back at my formative years knowing what I know now, there are many things that I would pass on to my sons that my father could never understand.

Even so, I firmly believe that these are things that every self-aware father in this day and age must teach his son. The Western world is rapidly dynamiting the very bedrock of hard-won masculine strength, wisdom, and temperance that created the most successful civilisation the world has ever seen. If we are to have any chance at restoring that civilisation, we need men to be strong, independent, and free once more.

Most importantly, we need to teach our sons the value of what they have, of this most precious and divine gift of freedom. We must show them, through guidance and by example, that this gift of Man is not to be squandered on cheap and shabby pursuits.

We are honour-bound to teach them the eternal lesson that God has handed down to His children since the very dawn of time: He intended for us to be free in mind and spirit.

I don't have children. But I want to, someday. Given what I have written above, how would I fulfill my obligations to God, and to my sons?

1. Homeschool Or Die

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to ...

I was educated at some of the most exclusive and expensive private schools in the world. I received a fantastic amount of schooling in the process of 12 years of indoctrination "education". Yet, when I finally graduated from high school, was I truly educated?

In mathematics and science, yes- but then, if you train kids to do these subjects the right way (i.e. the nose-to-the-grindstone way), it's very hard to screw this up. Being good at maths and science is, in my personal experience, far more about sheer cussed hard work than it is about natural talent.

How about history? Economics? Political theory? Civics?

No. I was as ignorant as any jungle-born savage. And I have spent the last fifteen years unlearning everything I was taught in school and university on these subjects. I have seen just how thoroughly the process of true education was corrupted by well-meaning people who turned their backs on the lessons of the past and tried to rewrite history for their own ends.

As God is my witness, I swear that my sons will be raised to think for themselves, as I was by my father.

I was lucky. My father and mother are both massive bookworms, as am I. They gave me the intellectual curiosity and, more importantly, the means to explore that curiosity through the presence of a massive collection of books at home.

The reality is that, in this day and age where education is merely cultural Marxism packaged into interminably long 7-hour days with recess and lunch breaks, a bright and curious child could do far better with 4-5 hours of home-schooling coupled with opportunities to roam free and explore his world.

2. Lift Like A Beast

Deadlift motivation – A video of big deadlifts by powerlifters and ...
"ONE MORE REP, SON!!!"
I didn't start powerlifting until about 4 years ago. My parents are both quite sedentary by nature, and it shows. Growing up, I never had examples of parents who liked exercise and tried to stay active; as a result, I was a fat, even obese, kid. My parents tried to make me exercise, but the lesson didn't take until I left home for good.

Even then, I didn't discover the Iron God until many years later. While it is never too late to begin a powerlifting program, the later you leave it, the harder it is to make gains. Given that I just cracked 475lbs on my deadlift last week, to take my powerlifting total to 1,060lbs, I can only imagine how strong I would be if I had started lifting heavy weights 15 years ago and not 4.

If I am ever blessed enough to have sons, their baptism at the altar of the Iron God will be officiated by me, in person.

And no man will be prouder of his sons than I will when my boys get to the point where they can outlift me.

3. "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"

Father-Son-Shooting.jpg

My father, having grown up in the Sixties, cannot comprehend American gun culture. Like many non-Americans who don't live in the country, he thinks Americans are gun-obsessed maniacs who shoot each other up at the slightest provocation. This is an impression that I have tried to change for years, pretty much in vain.

By contrast, I love America's way of thinking about guns. Well, the non-tofu-eaters among you, that is. To me, the Constitutional right to self-defence exists to protect all of the other Rights of Man, and is non-negotiable. The 2nd Amendment means exactly what it says right there on the ancient paper, and I regard it as seriously as any red-blooded native son of America.

In my case, I learned how to shoot (very very very badly) a few years back. I loved every minute of it. I stink at it, but that is what practice is for, after all. And I can't think of a better way to do that than with my sons.

The very first thing I would teach my boys would be gun safety. It is critical to remember that there is no such thing as a dangerous weapon. There are only dangerous men. A knife or a gun by itself is merely an inanimate object; it takes the actions of a man to wield them with deadly force. A son should always be taught the value of life, and the love of life, by the man who loves him the most; the responsibility to teach my boys to wield guns safely, in defence of themselves, their loved ones, and their country, is mine first and foremost, and cannot be ceded to anyone else.

And I can't even begin to tell you how much I want to be able to take my boys to the gun range to practice. That alone would be a perfect reason to have kids.

4. Front Kick, Side Kick, Round Kick, Repeat

... 的事物信念傳達給他最愛的人,孩子(Father,Son,And Love
Bruce Lee and Son. Your argument is invalid.
Aside from my father, the man I respect and revere the most in this world is the Grandmaster of my martial arts school back in the US. As he has trained so many others, he trained me to understand the true power of the human body when applied to self-defence; he taught me what it truly means to hurt someone with your fists; and he taught me the difference between sparring and real fighting.

Like powerlifting, I discovered martial arts quite late in life, but now that I've discovered it, there's no going back. The lessons that I learned from my teacher are lessons that my sons will learn from me.

Every father has an obligation to teach his children how to be strong and independent. A very large part of this, in my opinion, involves teaching your sons how to defend themselves and those they care about- see the point about guns above.

Yet knowing how to use a gun or a knife is only part of the total art of self-defence. What if your boy has nothing with which to defend himself except his fists and feet and elbows and knees? What happens then?

If he gets his ass handed to him because he doesn't know how to throw and take a punch, then the fact is that as a father, it is partly your fault. You didn't teach your boy how to defend himself properly.

If, on the other hand, he went down fighting, and gave as good as he got, then there is no shame in that defeat- and if you train your boy right, there won't be a defeat.

Instead, you'll get a call from your school principal, or from irate parents in the neighbourhood, asking just what the hell your son was doing beating the ever-lovin' snot out of that big fat bully poor unloved kid.

At which point, the only appropriate reaction will be to give your boy a high-five and an affectionate hair-tousle, followed by a celebratory belt or two of Scotch- well, Coke for him, Scotch for you.

5. Plenty of Girls on the Girl Tree, Son

2010 NBA All Star Game
Like, say, all of these
The hardest lessons that I've had to un-learn over the last few years always involved women. I was raised by very conservative parents who did their level best to raise me to be a gentleman to women, and who made it perfectly clear that my sister was to be treated well- or else.

Unfortunately, they were trying to raise me for a world that no longer exists.

The reality is that modern women devalue their most precious gifts on a daily basis. Finding a good woman to settle down and have a family with these days is becoming nearly impossible- not completely so, but very difficult nonetheless. And even if you do find a woman to marry, you have to constantly work on your marriage; you can never stop being the man, the leader, the unquestioned source of moral authority and strength in your family.

While my father taught me those latter lessons through sheer force of example, he never had to deal with modern women. He never had to deal with the realities of the modern dating scene. Neither have any of the male relatives that I grew up with.

The most important lessons that I would teach my son would involve understanding women for what they are. There is no point being angry with them for it- that would be like being angry with the ocean for being wet. One can only prepare against the ocean's wrath; one can only learn to recognise the signs of its capriciousness; one can only be taught to navigate its treacherous currents.

So it is with women in this day and age. A true father should give his sons the ability to recognise predatory women from a mile away, the strength to be a man no matter what the tempestuous rages of his woman throws at him, and the good sense to recognise the incredibly rare woman who is truly worthy of becoming the mother of his children, so that his son may in turn teach his sons to be good and worthy men.

The Hardest Job in the World

Looking back at the way my father interacted with me as a child, I'm convinced that there can be no more difficult job on this Earth than to be a father. There are endless amounts of advice available for mothers on how to be good mums- much of it coming from other women. But a father is expected to have all of the answers, pretty much right away. He's expected to be the rock upon which his family is built; he is required to be the moral compass in the darkness of this world; he is burdened with the task of raising masculine boys and feminine girls.

Could there be a more difficult, and yet more worthy, challenge for any man to take on?

Comments

Popular Posts