Happy Christmas

"From IRON MAIDEN, from Eddie, and from the boys..."
I love Christmas. I always have, even though in my family this holiday has never held any religious significance. In the past, this holiday was always a time for family and friends. When I was growing up, we'd try to head back to the old country for a week or two to spend time with our extended family around this time of year. This year has been particularly interesting, given that we're in the middle of moving houses...

Over the last few years, as I've come to understand and accept Christianity for what it is- though, as I keep saying, I'm not a Christian, not yet- this day has come to hold much greater significance. In all honesty, it doesn't really matter what you believe about when and how and where Christ was born- all that matters is that today we celebrate the birth of the Saviour of Mankind, the physical embodiment of God's love for us and of His Truth.

On this day, I am grateful for many things. I take great joy in the fact that I'm here with my family, no matter how uncomfortable things are at the moment, what with all of the packing boxes around the place.

And I am deeply grateful to my readers- all 2.2 of them- who read what I write, who comment, and who make this little hobby of mine worthwhile. I intend to continue this blog for as long as I can- which, if things continue as they are now, should be for a good while yet.

Wherever you are today, whatever you believe, may God bless you and yours, and may you have a peaceful and happy celebration.

Comments

  1. Well, I'm at least 2.5 people myself, after the past two days of feasting. No worries, the gym awaits.

    Happy Christmas, Didact. Looking forward to hearing the good news of your baptism one day. I mean that sincerely. God bless you and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for those kind words.

      It'll take me a while to get there. I'm reading through the Bible right now to find out what it actually says, rather than what most people think it says. That will keep me occupied for a while, but the more I read, the more I discover that the Christian faith is rooted in reason and sound moral principles, and the harder it becomes to escape the conclusion that Christ got it right.

      The Lord Christ says words to the effect that one doesn't have to accept what He is saying- but if one does, one has to accep the WHOLE package. We can't just pick and choose bits that we like and discard the bits that we don't. So it's important for me to figure out exactly what He actually was saying first.

      So far, I find myself agreeing with him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Popular Posts