Just let 'em die out already
|This violates several state laws concerning acceptable levels of cuteness|
We should just let the giant panda die out already.
- Pandas aren't natural vegetarians. Their digestive tract is designed to handle meat, and lots of it, just like any other bear. And those sharp pointy teeth they've got? They ain't just for decoration.
- Those giant teddy bears up there cost a goddamn fortune to keep alive. They cost millions every year to keep alive- and they don't have any interest in breeding (more on that later).
- They're actually not terribly bright. The average polar bear or grizzly is more intelligent- and far more badass to boot. You put a panda and a grizzly in a cage match, guess which one's going to walk out victorious? Hint: it's NOT the one with the black-and-white eye patches.
- They're lazy bastards. All they do all day, pretty much, is chew through vast amounts of bamboo- which in nutritional terms is about as useful as paper- and sit around. And that's IT.
- They're used as the logo for the WWF. No, not the fun one, the crazy one full of ecomentalists. I can't think of a better reason to wax an entire species than to severely piss off a bunch of jumped-up environmentalists. It would, in a very literal sense, be a case of "two birds, one stone"- just imagine how many ecomentalists would keel over from sudden aneurysms and arrhythmia once we finally do what's right and declare war on the giant panda!
This is a species that has literally LOST THE WILL TO LIVE.