Suddenly I'm liking her better

It's no real secret that I'm not exactly a big fan of "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey. I was actually rooting for Alexis Davis to beat her in UFC 175's co-headline event, but that didn't happen; in fact, that fight lasted just sixteen seconds. Davis basically threw a few punches, then stepped into Rousey's range; Rousey caught her and immediately took her down in a judo hold, and punched her like 9 times in the face, hard, before the ref stopped the fight. (Rousey actually tore open a knuckle in the process.)

So I was rather pleasantly surprised to discover an interview with Rousey where she unloads, with both barrels, on media whores like Kim Kardashian:


I am still not a fan. Rousey's fighting style annoys me almost as much as her mouth- despite having "Judo" Gene LeBell coaching her, a Rousey fight has no enjoyment or artistry in it. It's not like watching that classic between Jon "Bones" Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, or admiring the technical skill and finesse of the Weidman vs Machida fight.

All of that being said- I do have a lot more respect for her now. Any woman who has sense enough to tell her little sister to "take off those whore shoes!", and has no problem calling a spade a spade, does have some good points.

Comments

Popular Posts