Yes, Hitler WAS a socialist
Socialists and Fascists Aren't Too Different
- There are many who call themselves socialist but do not embrace the same murderous methods that Hitler used. George Bernard Shaw, George Orwell, John Maynard Keynes (when you could pin him down on the subject, that is- he was a slippery bastard when it came to politics), H. G. Wells, and many, many other luminaries of the Fabian Society that dominated the British intellectual scene in the 1920s and 1930s were happy to call themselves socialists and in several cases were thoroughly in favour of eugenics and the use of government force to achieve their ends.
- There are also quite a few socialists who openly embrace the methods used by Hitler to achieve their own stated goals- Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood and an avowed eugenicist, was perfectly clear about the fact that she viewed abortion as a way of decimating the black population. Unsurprisingly, that is precisely what abortion on demand has actually done.
- According to Stanley's own "logic", the Communists themselves cannot be called true socialists either. When the utter failure of collectivised agriculture became overwhelmingly clear in the mid-1920s, Lenin instituted the New Economic Plan, restoring private ownership of property among the kulaks (peasants) and temporarily bringing Russia back from the brink of complete economic collapse. The greatest famine in human history was entirely man-made; at least 20 million Chinese died when Red China decided to experiment with collectivised farming, and the death toll was so horrific that even that fat fraud Mao Tse-Tung had to recant, at least temporarily.
- Conversely, in places where "full" Communism was brought to bear, the death toll was truly hideous- and Communists ended up using the exact same methods to kill those who disagreed with them that the Nazis did, except on a far greater scale. During the Cultural Revolution- again in China- "undesirable elements" were purged from the country in an orgy of bloodshed and terror that made Kristallnacht look tame by comparison. When Pol Pot and Khieu Samphan instituted their godawful Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia, they started by executing everyone with glasses- just as the Nazis slaughtered anyone with the intellectual wit and ability to challenge them, regardless of whether they were Jews or not.
- Socialists are the biggest racists you'll ever meet. So convinced are they of the utter superiority of their own ideas, their own class, and their own moral superiority, that they never stop to think that they might actually be the ones with their heads up their own arses. Back in the day, the most "enlightened" Fabian socialists were, as I have mentioned, also leading proponents of eugenics to weed out "undesirable" races; Hitler was no different than any of them other than in the fact that he took the idea to its most logical (and barbaric) extreme. Today, the most "enlightened" leftists are the types that tend to live in gated communities with 24-hour security and easy access to places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's- or they live in towns like Nyack, with the same set of stupid ideas- so that they never have to be exposed to the ugly realities of the masses that they claim to love so loudly.
- Furthermore, the early Russian Communists absolutely loathed the Jews. You probably didn't know that Friedrich Engels was a Jew- who hated Jews with a vitriol that is difficult for the modern mind to understand. You probably also didn't know that Leon Trotsky was Jewish- and again, he hated Jews. And it's pretty unlikely that you were ever taught what Stalin did to the Russian Jews. With the (dubious and often sickening) benefit of historical hindsight, it is surely safe to say that three greatest enemies of Judaism in the entirety of human history are, in descending order, Islam, (Russian) Communism, and- in quite distant third place, actually- Nazism.
- Unification of Greater Germany (Austria + Germany)
- Land + expansion
- Anti-Versailles - abrogation of the Treaty.
- Land and territory - lebensraum.
- Only a "member of the race" can be a citizen.
- Anti-semitism - No Jew can be a member of the race.
- Anti-foreigner - only citizens can live in Germany.
- No immigration - ref. to Jews fleeing pograms.
- Everyone must work.
- Abolition of unearned income - "no rent-slavery".
- Nationalisation of industry
- Divison of profits
- Extension of old age welfare.
- Land reform
- Death to all criminals
- German law, not Roman law (anti- French Rev.)
- Education to teach "the German Way"
- Education of gifted children
- Protection of mother and child by outlawing child labour.
- Encouraging gymnastics and swimming
- Formation a national army.
- Duty of the state to provide for its volk.
- Duty of individuals to the state
Now, if you have even half a clue about the true roots of the modern Left's ideology*, you will not be the least bit surprised to discover that it is Hannan, and not Stanley, who is closest to the truth here. There are many things that you were not taught in your high school history classes about socialism, as it happens.
1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.