(Not exactly) A field report
- As with anything else, practice and hard work result in positive outcomes, eventually. Other than the very small number of naturally gifted men, game comes about through work- just like computer programming, powerlifting, or mathematics.
- Don't ever apologise for who you are. That way lies betatude.
- The corollary to this is also important- don't ever give her a compliment that she hasn't earned (and even then, don't bother with compliments, even roundabout ones- I made that mistake at some point in the evening and when I realised it, I was mentally kicking myself for it).
- Touch is a critical sense. Use it to your advantage.
- Don't apologise about splitting the bill either. In fact, if you just assume that you will be splitting it, so much the better. When it came time to pay the tab, she pulled out her card just like I did. I didn't say a word about it. There had been no agreement beforehand to split the cheque, but she did it anyway. She got major props for this, actually; I'll tell you some other time about this one Chinese girl I knew who managed to royally piss me off by "forgetting" her purse at the office.
- It is true- Eastern European women still know how to be feminine. This girl wasn't much above a 7- she didn't bother with makeup, and her clothes weren't anything special, but she was still a very pleasant person to be around. She had opinions and wasn't afraid to share them, but she was a good listener and rarely interrupted when I was speaking. She was, above all other things, feminine.