"You're ALL crazy"

Riddle me this, Batman: how do you push a feminist's buttons to the point of a near-total meltdown?

Well, you could try this approach. Or you could do what I did a few weeks ago when my little sister came over to stay with me.

This is pretty much how the conversation went:

[Various trivial banalities about something from two years ago...]

Didact: If women were sensible, I wouldn't have to give you written, printed directions to my workplace, complete with a map and train schedule, only to have you end up at completely the wrong building on the opposite end of the road from where I work.

Sister: Since when is it important for women to know how to read maps?! Women don't HAVE to be sensible all of the time, you know.

Didact: I'm well aware of this. In fact as far as I'm concerned, all women are crazy.

Sister: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D SAY THAT! OHMYGOD YOU ARE SUCH A JERK!

Didact: It happens to be true. You're ALL crazy. Fortunately some of you are less crazy than others.

Sister: NO THEY'RE NOT. You're making a horrible generalisation and you're a colossal jackass and a raging male chauvinist pig and this is why you don't have a girlfriend!*

Didact: #giant toothy grin while serving generous amounts of very tasty beef chilli#

*(Note that this was edited somewhat; my sister has a rather foul mouth sometimes.)

Now, anyone who's known me for longer than a week knows that I was playing up my role as the family curmudgeon. I do in fact believe that all women are crazy, but I also happen to think that once you work out what girls are for, they are actually rather nice to be around. You just have to learn how to deal with the drama sometimes.

That is not what is interesting about this.

The interesting thing is that when I tried this out on my mum the other night with her standing literally right next to me, I got no such reaction. My mum merely chuckled and bantered back with me by accusing me of being a misanthrope (which is true). There were no hurt feelings, no giant liberabbit headsplosion, and no accusations of MCPism.

My mum was fine with what I said, but my sister damn near went into full-on liberal meltdown. And that got my devious evil-genius brain ticking. Why would this be???

The exchange above was between two adults who, despite being about as similar as chalk and cheese, love and admire each other very much. It also happens to show you just how badly feminist brainwashing afflicts a woman.

It is important to understand the differences here between my mother and my sister. My mother gave up her dreams of becoming a diplomat when she got married (and she married very young) and instead went into teaching. She has always enjoyed having her own career. She has always loved her job, and she genuinely likes being around other people's children. (For the life of me, I cannot understand why.) Unlike some wives of my father's best friends, she has never been content to simply sit around and be a housewife (or as my father puts it, a "vegetable")- even though she did exactly that for years when she couldn't find work, for a variety of reasons. Yet, whenever my father's job required us to move, she chucked up her job without hesitation and followed him. She never once complained about it. She spent as much time with my sister and me as she could after school.

In other words, my mum is the perfect illustration of the kind of feminine yet non-feminist woman that Stephanie, Tempest, and others are trying to teach younger women to be once again- confident of her own femininity, conscious of her place as a wife and mother, and willing to put her family's interests ahead of her own.

Now let's take my kid sister. There is a big age gap between us but there is no question that I love that kid and spoil her rotten at every possible opportunity. My sister is soon going to leave her liberal arts university behind to do... well, to be honest, I'm not actually sure exactly what. Like me, she was raised in the midst of a very solid nuclear family, with a strong father, a loving mother, and many close friends. Unfortunately, unlike me, she still subscribes to the flatly absurd belief that men and women are equal. She also believes in the feminist dogma that men should be willing to pedestalise women, to subordinate their interests to those of women, and to give up their future happiness so that women might be happy instead. She has no problem with punitive taxation upon men to "equalise" earnings, and thinks that the modern workplace is sexist by virtue of having too many men in difficult, technical positions and not enough women.

In other words, she doesn't understand economics (other than, "if it's too expensive for me, my brother/parents can probably be persuaded to buy it for me") and she doesn't fully comprehend just how much responsibility a woman has for her own destiny, safety, and health. She is, quite simply, a college feminist.

This exchange perfectly illustrates exactly why men like me are turning our backs on modern society and modern women. Today's women accuse men of treating them like disposable objects- or, worse, as toilets intended to receive bodily fluids and nothing more. They fail to make the necessary connection between their own lack of feminine appeal and our refusal to take them seriously.

What women these days keep forgetting is that feminine confidence is very different from masculine confidence. It is possible to be feminine, sweet, caring, and charming, and still be a very confident woman- here, as far as I can tell, is one rather good example. It is also possible to be the exact opposite of those things and be deeply insecure- which, I suspect, is what most feminists really are.

As for the issue that started all of this off- the question of whether all women are crazy or not- the answer is, yes, they are. That is precisely why the rationalisation hamster exists. It exists in ALL women, even the most rational and least crazy ones- including a very close friend and former boss of mine, who is in many ways a skinny short Singaporean female version of me. That doesn't make women "the enemy" or "deficient" in some strange way. It just is what it is, and both men and women simply need to learn to live with and around that fact.

Comments

  1. "Unfortunately, unlike me, she still subscribes to the flatly absurd belief that men and women are equal. She also believes in the feminist dogma that men should be willing to pedestalise women, to subordinate their interests to those of women, and to give up their future happiness so that women might be happy instead. She has no problem with punitive taxation upon men to "equalise" earnings, and thinks that the modern workplace is sexist by virtue of having too many men in difficult, technical positions and not enough women."

    Wait What? Men and women are equal; but, men have to set aside their dreams for women and be tax so that their earnings are equal. #Feministlogic.

    Didact. You should stop buying her shit until she drops the feminism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are all crazy; it is sometimes a battle to reign it in. Actually knowing I'm crazy, and what is causing my craziness, is what enables me to shut my trap and at least outwardly appear to be less crazy, so thanks to the manosphere for cluing me in :)

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Popular Posts