Jerusalem

ND did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.
-- From "Milton", by William Blake

Or, if you prefer your poetry in metal form:


This album is one of the greatest ever written, by THE greatest singer/songwriter of all time. And that one song is one of my personal favourites, dating way back to the time I first heard it back when I was 16. 

Comments

  1. Nice.

    William Blake is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of his paintings. He was an underrated genius. Every time I visit London I make it a point to visit the Tate Britain, which houses some of his finest original works.

      His writing was always a bit dense for me, but then the last time I tried reading his work was back in high school, and I've done some growing up since then...

      Delete

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. Anonymous comments will be deleted.

Popular Posts