Security or Freedom?
President Obama said Friday that the programs have made a difference in tracking terrorists and are not tantamount to "Big Brother."The president acknowledged the U.S. government is collecting reams of phone records, including phone numbers and the duration of calls, but said this does not include listening to calls or gathering the names of callers."You can't have 100 percent security and also then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience,” he said. “We're going to have to make some choices as a society."
- continue letting illegal immigrants into this country and assume that they will all somehow play nice with your laws;
- continue to engage in costly and unnecessary wars of imperial maintenance around the world;
- insist on poking your noses in where they don't belong insofar as wars and revolutions are concerned;
- continue to blindly and stupidly believe that Islam is a "religion of peace" and that Muslims generally do NOT wish you ill as a nation;
- persist in the belief that a vibrant, multicultural society is always and everywhere a Good Thing in the teeth of considerable empirical evidence against that nonsensical notion;