The Long War
The reason you have probably never heard of any of this- as I had not until just a few years ago, even though I grew up in an Islamic nation- is because of the Islamic doctrines of taqqiya and hudna. The former basically means "deception used to further the cause of Islam", and in simple terms means that it is permissible in Allah's eyes to lie in order to ensure the victory of Islamic forces over their enemies. The latter doctrine involves striking a truce of at most 10 years in length to allow Islamic forces to recuperate from a major defeat. At no point does Islam permit the idea of "defeat" to enter into the minds of its followers; every setback is merely an obstacle to be overcome while working towards the ultimate goal of absolute dominion over all human life on Earth.
- The economic approach: Reagan knew, better than almost anyone else, that a totalitarian system based on slave labour could never compete with the power and dynamism of a free market economy in which choices were rewarded or punished based on market incentives. Reagan believed for most of his political career that the Soviet Union's economy was in reality at best the size of California's; subsequent declassified analysis from both the KGB and the CIA proved him right, and showed that America alone, without any help from the other NATO nations, could outproduce the entire Warsaw Pact bloc with ease.
- The military approach: for all of their bluster and might, Reagan believed that the Soviet military edge lay in numbers, not in technology. He recognised that the Soviet military expansion program, started under Brezhnev and continued by his successors, was proving hugely expensive for the Soviet economy. When Reagan came up with the Strategic Defence Initiative (Star Wars, as it is colloquially known- and it was all his idea, by the way), the Soviets were thrown into an almighty pickle. They couldn't afford to increase military spending to match the Americans. But they couldn't afford to ignore a strategic initiative that would in one simple stroke render both their first-strike and retaliation-strike capabilities useless. Star Wars threatened to bankrupt the Soviets, and they knew it.
- The diplomatic approach: by relentlessly hammering the Soviet Union in public for its failures, and by presenting a firm and unyielding show of tenacious resolve to American allies, Reagan made it perfectly clear to everyone that he was not to be trifled with. Reagan had no problem with the idea of meeting with Soviet leaders- but he believed in doing so from a position of strength, in which America's interests came first and Soviet interests were not allowed to dominate.
- The covert approach: Reagan's war involved hitting the enemy in his vulnerable spots, repeatedly and hard, and nowhere was this more prevalent than in his use of covert military operations to attack Soviet interests around the world.
- Start by cutting off all immigration from Islamic nations. It is futile and stupid to believe that Islamic immigrants will adopt the customs and traditions of Western nations for which they have zero respect and even less tolerance. It simply does not work, as nations like Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Holland are rapidly finding out. Barbarians will remain barbarians for generations after they immigrate, and those who do not learn this lesson will go the way of the Romans and for the same reasons.
- Continue by cutting off ALL foreign aid to Islamic nations. As far as I'm concerned, foreign aid is a monumentally stupid idea to begin with; it doesn't work. So, stop pretending that paying the jizya will keep the jihadist away; it didn't work with the Danes and the Danegeld, after all.
- Set your economies free. Stop pretending that your governments know what they're doing by taking over various industries. Your economies are sluggish and enervated, and they are becoming more so every day as your own stupidity and laxness permits your government to take over ever more sectors of the economy, thereby strangling the very sources of your power and your natural advantages over your enemies. Destroy the Federal Reserve, remove the power of the printing press from your idiot politicians, and stop pretending that governments know how to pick winners and losers in the economy. Institute a single universal, low, flat tariff on all foreign imports, reduce and eventually eliminate all income taxes, and roll back the entire overbearing apparatus of the Federal government until its only powers are those enshrined within your sacred Constitution.
- Dismantle your welfare systems. Destroy them completely and utterly. That means no more Social Security, no more Medicare, no more food stamps, no Federal assistance for housing, education, or bloody well anything else. If you can't afford it, do without. You cannot afford these idiotic entitlements anyway as it is. They do you no good and they give aid and comfort to your enemies. Providing Islamic immigrants with free welfare assistance is very much like this country selling massive amounts of grain at far below market prices to the USSR in order to secure arms concessions. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now. Your enemies laugh at your weakness in private while smiling at you in public. You are fools if you insist on believing their falsehoods.
- At every turn attack the structural weaknesses of Islam. Time and again history has proven that an Islamic state cannot compete against a technologically advanced, free-market economy (up until the Yom Kippur War, the Israelis were making their Arab neighbours look stupid at least once a decade, and Israel hardly even counted as a free-market economy back then), but it can muster sheer numbers against a technically superior opponent- and those numbers will be motivated by fanaticism. Neutralise those numbers wherever possible by exploiting the long-standing factional and sectarian fractures within Islamic theology. Learn the difference between the various sects and strains of Islam, understand where they disagree with each other, and exploit those divisions wherever possible. For instance, it is no secret at all that Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is absolutely terrified that Shi'ite Iran will acquire nuclear weaponry; thus, in order to save their own skins, the Wahhabists seek accommodation with an equally frightened West. That fear is foolish. Seek to pit each against the other instead of seeking accommodation or a balance of power.
- Withdraw your troops from all foreign colonies. Your American empire is overstretched and on the brink of collapse as it is. Pulling back to easily defensible home ground is your only option. You should never have been over there fighting these ridiculous and pointless wars of "nation-building" in the first place. Return home, rebuild your domestic economy through the free market, secure your borders, and confront the threat head-on instead of pussyfooting around it as you are at present.
- Identify the single biggest weak point of the Islamic world's economies, and strike it- hard. Islamic economies the world over are highly dependent on one thing: natural resources, and specifically oil. While it is not possible to achieve this fool's dream that your useful-idiot Republican politicians stupidly refer to as "energy independence" (for no such thing exists), it is possible to bring down long-term costs and prices for energy by ensuring that any and all resources available in domestic territories are exploited to the fullest. You import about 10% of all of your oil from the Middle East, which doesn't sound like much; but, by pushing down the long end of the forward curve for oil contracts, you can rapidly impoverish and potentially even bankrupt the sources of wealth for jihadists the world over.
I am not deluded enough to believe that any of this will ever happen. As far as I can tell, the West is too far gone for that. Western civilisation is facing its final, ignominious collapse, brought low by decades of greed, stupidity, and wishful thinking. The key strength of Islam is that for all of its utopian silliness regarding the kingdom of Allah, it recognises that humans instinctively respect strength and acts accordingly. The great weakness of the West, and especially of the European West, is its flatly idiotic belief that what ought to be can somehow triumph over what is. The time for such ridiculous illusions is rapidly drawing to a close.
However, for those with the eyes and the brains to see, Reagan already showed you how this war can be fought and won. Heed his lessons well. Learn from him, and other happy warriors like him. Understand the nature of your enemy, and understand that the stakes of this fight are higher than those of any other war fought before or since by this country. Unlike any other war that your nation is currently fighting, this one was not of your choosing. You did not ask for this war. You did not engage in this war. But you can still help win it. All you have to do is to choose the path of the civilisationists, and stop upholding the pretty lies which have sustained Western society for so long. Ultimately, those lies will perish, and the truth will shine clearer for it. But we will pay a terrible and bloody price before that happens. When the time comes, you will have a choice to make. Choose well.
- Sword of the Prophet by Serge Trifkovic
- The Legacy of Jihad by Andrew G. Bostom
- Why We Left Islam by Susan Crimp and Joel Richardson
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) by Robert Spencer
- The Truth About Mohammed by Robert Spencer
- The Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran by Robert Spencer
- A Religion of Peace? Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn't by Robert Spencer
- Now They Call Me Infidel by Nonie Darwish
- Inside the Jihad: My Life with al-Qaeda by Omar Nasiri
- Islam: What the West Needs to Know (documentary film)