Speaking of Civilisation Collapse...

You just know that it's in the offing for a society that rewards stupidity in such lavish fashion:
She said of finalising her contract: 'I am happy with the seven figure settlement I have reached, with who I feel to be the best adult entertainment company in the industry, Vivid.


'This is a risk for me to take, however I feel comfortable having given the rights to Vivid, a company I know can handle the media and press surrounding my sexuality.'

The mother of four-year-old Sophia continued: 'I am very pleased with the outcome and to have this opportunity to be an entrepreneur in another unexpected light in my life.

'I look forward to my future goals of completing my Masters degree, focusing on being a great mother for my daughter as well as many other culinary business endeavors in my future.
So, let me get this straight: a woman without much by way of brains or good sense, but plenty by way of good looks, exercises her poor judgement in public by making a sex tape, pretends to be outraged when that sex tape's existence is revealed, and then turns around and sells it to the highest bidder? And this is supposed to be girrrrrl power at its best?

There was a time when this sort of thing would be greeted with censure and mockery. Instead, in our celebrity-obsessed culture, this is now considered "normal". A civilisation thus afflicted will not remain civilised for very long.

Comments

Popular Posts