No, You CAN'T Have It All

Red Pill Wifey posted a good take on a recent study that shows that highly educated women are dropping out of the workforce at record rates:
I have a hunch about this, and about these statistics in general. I think women go to Harvard or Princeton to get their business degrees, and happen to fall in love with the Cute Guy sitting across the way in Economics 101. Love turns to marriage, marriage to kids, and Cute Guy ends up with an Elite Job, so they can afford for her to stay home. And so she takes the opportunity. So she essentially spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to land a rich husband, whether she realizes it or not. 
Just how much does that elite degree count for once you’ve been out of the workforce for 5-10 years? 
But I’m not sure about the Rich Husband Hypothesis, because obviously the couple would be absolutely swimming in student loan debt. Do elite college degrees actually net that much more money? Obviously so if he ends up a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, but how many MBA students from elite schools turn CEO? I know I have readers way smarter than me on this subject, what do you guys think?
Mrs. Red Pill is correct to state (earlier in her post) that women who go to elite schools end up receiving a very expensive lesson in the realities of life- women cannot, in fact, have it all. By the time a woman learns this, she's often swimming in debt, living a lifestyle to which she is enslaved, unable to get out- trapped by the very status and privilege that she was told were hers by right.

I cannot count the number of women I have personally seen falling into this trap myself. I went to two pretty "elite" schools myself (though the actual quality of the education that I received, particularly in economics, is highly debatable). I met some very smart, very pretty women at both places. One is a VP of product development at a hedge fund in Connecticut. One has jumped from one Japan-focused Rates sales job to another at a number of big banks. One is an investment banker (and a pretty damn good one too). One is the head of trading ops at another hedge fund. One, whom I personally trained, jumped from where I work to a startup firm and straight into a sales/account management job. One is in charge of social media at some fashion start-up in London.

I could go on, but you get the idea. These women do, in theory, have it all.

In practice, they don't.

Take my former protege. She lives in an apartment with two guys and another girl, a living arrangement that would drive me insane within about a week (though to be fair, she is a people person and I most definitely am not.) She's going to be 24 this year, and (last time I checked) she's not interested in dating- which makes her a prime candidate for mid-30s spinsterhood, as far as I'm concerned. I do hope I'm wrong, because I am genuinely fond of that girl. (The fact that she's very easy on the eyes doesn't hurt.)

Or take that VP in CT. She got married at 18, had her first child at 20, and is a working mother; indeed, I'm pretty sure she's the major breadwinner in that family. She's now pregnant with her second child, and I've no doubt that the strain of having a child, a husband, another child on the way, and a demanding career is getting to her.

My friend in Japanese sales is the woman whose wedding I attended almost exactly 2 years ago in Hawaii. She hated the demands her career placed upon her. She never really wanted that lifestyle. Yet she felt that it was the only option available to her. When she found her then-boyfriend, a trader in Japan, and came back with him to the US, she was out of work for over a year and basically stayed home as a hausfrau of sorts. Didn't seem to do anything to damage her looks or sweet disposition, though.

My bankster friend is practically my second sister, I dearly love that woman. She makes me laugh like no one else (beside my real sister) can. Yet she's over 30, and though she's spoken for now, she's finding it difficult to contemplate the idea of settling down and having a "normal" life, even though I know that this is what she really wants in her life. And she can't avoid it, because she is addicted to the status that comes from wheeling and dealing in the world she works in now. I've seen the neighbourhood she lives in, it's fantastic- but it's also bloody expensive, and you can't achieve that kind of lifestyle without paying through the nose for it.

My friend in social media is someone I've known since high school. She got through a LTR that hurt her very badly. When I met her in London recently, I dropped some heavy red-pill wisdom on her (which was immensely good fun- there is nothing quite so enjoyable as hamster extermination) and I quickly realised that she was only now beginning to figure out that feminism was and is a massive con job. She's faced with the prospect of "settling", and it was great fun, in a very dark way, to watch her hamster spinning hard against the logical part of her brain in this matter. She knows she wants a good man in her life- but she doesn't want to settle for some Beta male.

In my experience, the women that I knew growing up who got married early to Beta men were very pretty and very smart, but "married up" to men who were and are much better off than they are. This actually seems to suit them quite well. One girl I went to high school with was this ridiculously entitled (and completely flat-chested) Russian brunette whose face looks a bit like a cross between a banana and a pancake. (I'm not joking or exaggerating.) She married a very rich Russian guy after working in a big British bank in EM Sales for a while, and she seems very happy to be pampered and generally fussed over by a rich guy. I do wonder, though, what exactly the point was of all of that very expensive education if all she's going to do with it is go shopping.

The greatest delusion of feminism is that it teaches women that they can work fewer hours than men, in less demanding jobs, with fewer consequences for failure, and earn the same amount of money and live the same kinds of lifestyles. That delusion has proven to be insanely expensive for them and for society as a whole, and at some point- I don't know when- it will crash face-first into the brick wall of reality at 100mph and shatter into bloody ruin.

Until then, though, we're stuck with some 60-70% of women working full-time, instead of working to further civilisation and progress by raising strong, masculine sons and feminine, pleasant daughters.

Comments

Popular Posts