Introverts, Masterminds, and Inner Game
- Immense capacity for concentration on difficult or challenging tasks
- The ability to absorb knowledge like a sponge about all manner of esoteric subjects
- The ability to analyse complex problems quickly and efficiently
- The ability to tune out "noise" and focus on the task at hand
- Great capacity for self-analysis and self-improvement
- The ability to listen first and ask questions second
- The ability to quickly see and understand the "big picture"
- The ability to say things simply and concisely
- A natural aloofness that comes from concentrating on what interests US first
- Natural hypersensitivity to emotion and outside stimulus
- Play to your strengths as an introvert. You are not, and will never be, the heart and soul of the party. Well, so bloody what? You are, however, significantly smarter than the average bear. You know more because you've spent a lifetime reading good books and absorbing great ideas. You have the ability to speak on a wide range of subjects because your brain is constantly casting about for new ideas. Use these things to open with women. For instance, there's an excellent article over at Return of Kings about using women's natural solipsism to discuss psychology with them. If you're anything like me, you already know quite a bit about MBTI personality types- use that knowledge to execute a Roosh-style cold read of someone and automatically demonstrate high value.
- Approach women that you can feel comfortable with. Fact is that most of the women in the bars that I go to are not women I actually want to talk to. But, there are a few who might be interesting- and not necessarily because they're the hottest women there. Koanic Soul came up with a neat idea about approaching women who look or conform to a certain type, because that is the type with whom you feel most comfortable. I already know that I feel very comfortable around intelligent, articulate women who are not afraid to express opinions and have them challenged. Unfortunately, this is a very rare breed of woman, so be prepared to do some hunting. It's not easy to spot these types at first glance, but it can be done.
- Your mission comes first. And don't ever forget it. Don't go out feeling the pressure to approach women, as though approaching is something that defines you. It's not. Your mission is to improve yourself, not just to get laid. Another good one from Return of Kings points out a pretty neat idea: be Bruce Wayne. Be charming, be mysterious, be aloof, and then when it all gets to be a bit much, GET THE F*** OUT and go someplace quiet to recharge.
- Night game will not work well for you. Day game is what you need. Night game, which requires you to go to clubs and bars to approach women, is literally going to cause your genetic programming to crash. As an introvert, you are programmed to prefer quiet environments and intimate conversations to loud and crowded public places. This is something I've discovered for myself while reading Roosh's Bang- I constantly find myself thinking, "well that's a great idea, but I just cannot see myself in that environment". (It's even worse in my case because I'm one of those "morning people" that everyone at the office hates because I'm so damn chirpy at like 8am, without the help of coffee.) His book Day Bang, however, is an entirely different story.
- Get past the initial small talk, however painful. It's not going to be easy. I hate that part of a conversation more than any other- the "Hi, how do you do" introductions are beyond annoying. Find a conversational "hook" or opener that you can use to quickly segue onto a topic that is of actual interest to you, whether it be backpacking through Honduras or the finer points of Hegelian metaphysics.
- Confidence through strength. Work on slowing down your movements and controlling your facial expressions. Deepen your tone of voice. Build up your confidence by building up your strength- as far as I can tell, the game is EXACTLY like powerlifting in the sense that there are no shortcuts. You get good at something through constant practice, but you're never going to be good at every single thing. And that's fine. Find the things that you ARE good at, such as talking to women at the library or the gun range, and build upon them, slowly but surely. Practise is indeed your friend. For instance, I almost never get nervous before giving a speech or a lecture- and that's because I know my material really well before I even step on stage. But when it comes time to meet people afterwards, I can't wait to get the hell out of there- and that's because I haven't practised or built up that skill anywhere near as much as I should have.
- Use details in your conversations. Ever notice how the most interesting conversations you've ever had with people are the ones that go deep into the details? This is even more important when talking with women. This article (again from RoK) shows you exactly how to do it. Don't just narrate- describe. Or, as one of Roissy's 16 Commandments says:
IX. Connect with her emotionsSet yourself apart from other men and connect with a woman’s emotional landscape. Her mind is an alien world that requires deft navigation to reach your rendevous. Frolic in the surf of emotions rather than the arid desert of logic. Be playful. Employ all your senses. Describe in lush detail scenarios to set her heart afire. Give your feelings freedom to roam. ROAM. Yes, that is a good word. You’re not on a linear path with her. You are ROAMING all over, taking her on an adventure. In this world, there is no need to finish thoughts or draw conclusions. There is only need to EXPERIENCE. You’re grabbing her hand and running with her down an infinite, labyrinthine alleyway with no end, laughing and letting your fingers glide on the cobblestone walls along the way.